With the FontaHome app, you can use scenes and automations to control smart home devices to perform actions.
A scene is used to perform certain actions on devices with a click via the FontaHome app or by third party services.
A automation allows you to perform actions automatically according to defined conditions.
To create a scene or automation, proceed as follows:
- Click on "Scenes" in the FontaHome app, select "Scene" or "Automation" in the top right corner and click on the "+" sign.
- Enter the title for the scene/automation by tapping on the pencil icon.
- For automations, first set conditions that control the actions. By default, actions are executed as soon as a condition is met. If you only want the actions to be performed when all conditions are met, tap "If any condition is met" to change this.
- For scenes and automations, next set the actions by tapping the "+" sign under "Carry out the following actions". For scenes, you can enable/disable automations and control devices as actions. For automations, you can perform scenes, activate/deactivate automations, send notifications to the phone, and add delays to perform an action after a certain duration.
- Under "Valid time period", you can also set when an automation should be active in addition to the conditions.
- To delete a condition/action from a scene or automation, wipe to the left and tap "delete".
- To delete a scene/automation tap on "Delete scene".
Note: Actions are always processed from top to bottom. For example, if you have added a delay of one minute to the actions, the next action is triggered after one minute.